Jun 7, 2010

perseverance: learn from the snail

there are many reasons why i dont enjoy the company of my colleagues. im not talking about my boss, my boss is a nice guy. and thats not because he's a friend of my dad, but because he cares about our welfare.

im going to write a breakdown of the things that i find ridiculous that have happened in the 1month 2 weeks ive been working here.

1. She has pictures of her son printed and pasted on her computer screen. One day i accidentally knocked over a bottle (which had a cap on, but not fastened. why i dont know) and it splashed over her. Note its plain water. I quickly helped her clean it up. den she comes up and tells me i ruined her picture and, in her words, "spoil her things." the said picture is printed using a normal printer which she can always reprint using the company printer (which is how she printed the first one in the first place.) i apologised for it and tried not to think so much about it. but i was quite pissed cos to me its really no big deal wad.

2. she constantly asks me to ask my friend to work harder/play less/talk less etc. she's the superior leh cant she tell her? it makes more impact that way?

3. my friend was fired. i wasnt notified. so my fren came to work today, not knowing she was fired. den my colleague asked "you didn't tell her ah?" WAIT A SECOND. now its my job to inform others' they've been fired? O.O wow. ok la you dont have her number etcetcetc, cannot ask? Hmm...

4. she's always doing her personal things at work.
- calling her own companies to ask whether her cheques have been received by them.
- calling her friends to complain about something someone said in her FB.
- calling her enemies/ex-friends to scold them about what they wrote on FB.
- telling other people about her life story. (and i dont wanna hear again about how she cant sell her 3year old house because of a 5 year grant, and how she has to because of her stupid lawyer who didnt defend her when she was fighting for divorce against her irritating prison-ex-husband.)
- constantly complaining about her boss to everyone who's willing (or forced) to listen.

5. slamming the phone down after quarrelling with whoever is on the line (be it work-clients, or personal-collectors/friends.) the phone is just next to me.

i understand she gets pissed easily and maybe she has a lot on her shoulders and yes im not taking the effort to know her. unfortunately this is work. im not here to make friends. and i dont care if she reads this and decides to flood my mailbox. everything ive written is true and factual. and i have witnesses :) bring it on.

well, there's only one word i have. PERSERVARENCE. and speaking of perserverence, let me lend a nice quote. ^_____^ "By perseverance the snail reached the ark." hahahahha! nice quote hahaha.

~~~

on the other hand, i finally got to meet baby on friday. :D quite a nice quiet night. we went to dhoby to have dinner and just chill. wasn't a lot, but its the first time we've met in over a week :) i really dont realise how much i missed him until i saw him. :P

love babyy :D

No comments: