Feb 16, 2008

i guess since all the girls are posting about chalet i think i shall too.

i think all of us noticed that it was not the same as the previous few: not so action packed and dramatic, but more mellow.

even the nights seemed quieter. i guess for me the nights made me feel like i was the odd one out... what with me being the only single and all. i know its not their fault and i dont blame them. but its odd to know that i have absolutely nothing to input into anything.

starting from the beginning, i guess i knew somehow that this was going to be the last chalet, except maybe a gathering like a year down the line or whenever we find the space to do it.

i truly enjoyed myself during the chalet, even though everything seemed different, even though everything seemed totally awkward.

i knew that xiu was having some problem with her bf, and i really didnt want to probe. but i guess her emotions were kind of getting to me as well. if you knew me well enough you would have figured that i would have been worried, thusly these were within my limits.

a lot of things were given a miss, but the BBQ was a great success. I LIT A FIRE I LIT A FIRE!

although i started i tried to make this post seemed happy, to make it seem that nothing was wrong, but ultimately i knew that this would turn out this way. there was one thing i refused to tell them during the chalet, one thing that i think i'll never tell anyone. because i dont want anyone to say "i told you so".

but ultimately our routes will separate. two of us going overseas, while two of us staying behind. it seems inevitable that sooner or later we would have to part, but the time seems to be coming too soon for me to grasp.

that last chalet meant a lot more to me than anything. i didnt want photographs, i didnt want fun. i just wanted memories: knowing that for those three days i was happy, that those three days i had spent with my dearest friends who pulled me through thick and thin.

reading all the others' post about chalets made me feel that at least im not the only one: at least im not the only one feeling the depression of knowing we might never see each other again.

its sadly, i just cant let go of so many things at once. i just cant think about the times when we had in the past, and know that we will never ever see each other again.

the chalet meant so much more than anyone will ever know, because those times i can forever remember as the times we were closest, the times we could just have fun. of all the birthdays we spent together, the pain and comfort we found in each other.

For a week now, i've been working on a small project. one day it will be complete.


Girls, promise me. promise me we wont drift apart. Promise me we will keep in touch.

No comments: