May 30, 2008

graduation has come and gone before i even knew it... and now all that's left are memories of the past 3 years. the pain, the suffering, and not to forget the happiness. the estacy of finishing a project, the jubilation of knowing that when you're about to fall, your friends are there to catch you. at one point in time or another, we all quarrelled with each other... but that only made us realise who our real friends are.



and it was because of them that i decided to go for graduation...





graduation 2008... made us seem like we were gathering for the best reasons ever.. but in fact i felt nothing different. after all, people like xiu and phy i meet almost every week or so... so what's the big deal in it? i guess friends-wise i felt no different from any other day...


me and xiu were sitting 2 chairs apart from each other... and we kept communications through SMSes... talking about how some people didnt look like they were smiling, about the speech and everything else. likewise the speech made me feel absolutely nothing. maybe it was the speaker, maybe it was the speech, i dont know. but the speech felt fake to me. all those memories they spoke of, made me think how hypocritical it all is... but maybe its just me unable to let all those things go.
phyllis... happy as a bird! she got us all in the mood of taking photographs, insisting that it'll be the last time we'll be in school... flapping her "wings" around like some kind of eagle. i can see why she's happy... but for the same reasons i cant exactly feel happy.

sandy and fitri... that day was their 2 year anniversary... hard to imagine that it's already been two years since then... hahaha. sandy was so happy when fit wanted to take a picture with her. she was almost jumping around...

me and fauzia... it's a little blur but the only picture i have with fauzia. she was one of the reasons i decided to go for graduation...


me and sandy and the end of the ceremony~ we were looking for xiuzhi and decided not to wait for her. i signed up for SP alumni... at least made me feel as though i havent really left yet...



me and weiting... it was a coincidence we managed to have the same slot. weiting was there at one of the most important points in my life in SP... both at the highest (KTC) and the lowest... because of that, although we never really met through the trip... we became quite close AFTERwards...

shawn phyllis and sandy... hahaha. half of the people that have been through a lot of problems and projects together... felt kind of good seeing them altogether.

phyllis and her parents. this was a sideway shot.. but i think it turned out pretty nice. =D


it was only after that that tezuka messaged me asking me where i was. he came down with teck wee to find me. =)

tezuka and me... i hope everything works well for him... especially with the club. was kinda sad to hear that he fractured his arm... tezuka kun... dont stress yourself out too much... these kinda things just take one step at a time. i know its harder now with the "tenshi" involved, but... you'll get through it. i believe in you ^^ shinjite ne~

farhan and tezuka... another that was there during the highest point in my life (KTC). he wasnt graduating but we happened to see him there~ lols

---

Since we're talking about this... i'll write a list of things that i loved and hated in my life at SP.

Xiuzhi, Phyllis and Sandy
These girls have been through everything with me, especially xiuzhi and phyllis, who have stuck with me since year 1 despite all the rubbish we've been through. all the quarrels and all the project stress made us all irritated with one another at some time... but the birthday parties, chalets and all those happy times definitely made up for it.

Tezuka, Sophia, Joy, Ruth, Joseph, Windi
The new committee of Singapore Polytechnic Student Exchange Club... good luck guys. Sophia, Joy, Windi, i have had the opportunity to work with you guys during ANCT, and i loved every moment of it! Tezuka, Joseph & Ruth, i've been working with you three for one year now, and despite whatever you may think, i know you can do it.. because to me you've already done it before. Just keep a cool head and you can do anything, I know it.

Hiryuu, Weiting
You two are the closest two I made friends with during KTC... and because of different reasons I will never forget you two. Hiryuu, you were there at the worst point in my life, when i couldn't move on you were there to help me and talk me through it. Weiting, you were there when i needed someone to talk to: your constant support meant more to me than anything.

Lecturers
I dont know if Ms Kwa you'll read this... but if you do, please extend my thanks to all my lecturers... without all of you i wouldn't have made it this far, neither would i have known what i was good at. Thank you all of you~

SPSEC Members
To all the members of SPSEC, thanks to all of you. I've made good friends to some of you... thank you.

Grace, Ms Angel, Mrs Lim, Helmi
Especially to the four of you, thank you for all you've done for the club. Especially to Mrs Lim, who I've worked with more often than anyone. I can daresay that you knew me more than any teacher, that you saw me more than anyone ever did. Grace, for everything you've done for us, thank you. Ms Angel and Helmi, although i've never had much of an opportunity to work with you, i'm sure you'll bring the club to brighter heights. Please dont kill Aloysius ^^

Kaifon, Peiwen, Szeyuan
You three have taught me all I knew about the club. It was because of you three that made me who I am today. I was able to lead because you taught me how, and I hoped that I did it to the best of my ability.

When you look at the big picture, you dont notice anything. But when i think about the small things, the small landmarks in my life SP has given me a chance to do.

1. Meeting Principal Low Wong Fook
2. Meeting Principal Tan Heng Cheong
3. Going to Miyazaki in 2005
4. Going to Kanazawa in 2007
5. Internship at Mediacorp
6. Leadership Training Camp/Cruise in 2006
7. A chance to test my leadership skills
8. Meeting friends like Xiuzhi and Phyllis and Sandy (SHAWN EVEN!)

And so many more things that SP has given me a chance to see, visit, or experience. Thank you. I leave SP with good memories, but I know that as longa s i'm an alumni, i will never truly leave SP.


Thank you.

**as for what i hate... i dont really hate anything anymore. because i know that people that i hated, people that i detested and fought over... they made me stronger too**

To these people (Lydia, Nicholas, Andrew and so many more), remember that it was you that made me who i am today. i fought back because it was you. it was not to prove that i was weak, or to prove that i was strong. rather, it was to prove that i was human. it did not matter to me whether or not you care that you've been a part of my life.. but it was my hatred for you, that made me fight back,that made me who i am today. it made me strong, and taught me to fight for myself.

No comments: