Feb 10, 2008

after a very inspiringly LONG post on phy's blog, ive decided to post my own CNY post.. to see if it will rival hers. haha. i think it just might. only i have lesser pictures to show for it. xD

well.. my family has no real traditions on CNY... in fact 1 week prior to CNY my dad's side of the family already met. the usual happened... exclaiming on how fat others are, how thin others have become. i, managed to save my way through, thank goodness. no one seemed to notice me. my sis, unfortunately, got one of the fat comments, and it made her too upset for the rest of the day.

this year the talk amongst my dad's side of the family was of course, the weather in shanghai (One of my uncles is there), and the entertainment of my younger cousins doing what they called "magic". also found out cherry, my only older cousin on my dad's side, is getting married. (she's trying to get a house!) that makes. quite a few people i know getting married xD

thenn... the actual CNY. yes i pulled myself up earlier that day, just to be nice and to do my hair and FIND clothes to wear. i was supposed to wear this greyish dress with stockings, BUT IT DIDNT ARRIVE! so i had no choice but to rammage, and ended up wearing something NEW, but totally OFF CNY.

my first stop was to my mum's mum's house. as usual we were about the first ones there.. spent some time sleeping while waiting for everyone to come.

i think my family (aside from MY OWN family of course) has a tradition of wearing red... only my own father mum, sis and me came in a clothing that had NO red on it. BWAHAHAHA.

topic this time round.. as usual... "what u going to do after you leave poly" for me.. and "where you going" for my sis. had some fun talking to jemi. she really talks a lot now. for a pri 1 kid. jed on the other hand, grew a lot more quiet. TIAN WEI DIDNT TALK AT ALL!

we had some food... and then took some photos... shalene said me and her look more like sisters than me and my sis.. ahaha i guess a lot of people say me and my sis dont look alike xD.

ok then we went to my... erm... gu kong? i dont know what relation he is to me, but either way, we went to his house. sat there a while rotting my brains off... the heat was damn hot. after that... we left to go home.

Day 1 ended as such.

Day 2 started out simply enough, woken up by my dad. apparently we were having visitors so i had to haul my butt out of bed. GREAT. no time to do hair. nevermind just straighten, at least not that bed. i wore my nice red mediacorp polo T hahahaha. not my fault that was the first shirt on my rack.

apparently my dad's side of the family came, and i got the chance to meet cherry's fiance. what can i say he reminded me a little of... kf. haha. or someone else i dont know. *shrugs* i didnt talk much then, just checked japan details on the internet.

day 2 ended like that.

Day 3... which was today. started very weirdly. i promised my mum to go with her to visit her friends. her secondary school friends that she only gets to meet once a year if im not wrong. well i finally got my grey dress, so i wore that with stockings. hahaha. my dad said if his mum (she's dead) got to see me wearing that on CNY she would have killed him for allowing it. haha. but i insisted its grey. AND ANYWAY MY DAD WAS ALSO WEARING GREY.

yes and as usual, there was this big exclaim when i came, cos they havent seen me since i was maybe 9 or so. hahaha. i got to meet the two brothers (sorry i forgot names).. one's 21, the other 19. i think when i was young i used to play with them. I THINK. i vaguely recalled playing with the younger one ONCE. hmm. ya anyway. i dont recognise them and they dont recognise me. talked to the older one about internship and SP, mass comm and all that. he's going to england to study. cool eh~

after that, go another of my mum's friend's house. new house. met another son. -.- that one, as was introduced to, was "an anime fanatic". true true. he had loads of figurines that could rival anyone i knew. from FF series, gundam, to a few i didnt recognise, but mostly mecha. we talked. 2 sentences maybe. hahaha. i dont think i ever met him before. maybe when i was really young. both my mum and her friend insisted we met before. but i really dont remember.

-.- makes me wonder have i really grown that much. they exclaimed so loudly as though i changed a lot. hahaha. then again from 9 till now... i probably did change quite a bit.

im not posting pics, because i didnt take a lot, and also because i look weird in them. HAHAHA.

THAT marks the end of MY CNY as i know it. *shrugs* wish i could have kept in contact with those 3 i met today. HAHA. seems quite impossible. LOLS. maybe next year? xD


tomorrow evening will mark the start of an amazing 4 d 3 night for me. cant wait!

No comments: